Monday 12 August 2024

Trimming and sorting progress report 2024

 Hello Everyone, 

I thought I'd share some uplifting pictures of what the bulbs are looking like this year. There is more staining to the wrappers, and a lot have been demoted to seconds because the skins are split, but I can sort out some really nice bulbs, and there are virtually no small bulbs, especially in the porcelain group. 

I am very grateful that we were able to hand dig them as quickly as possible once the rain receded, otherwise I'm quite sure I would have a lot less to offer you this year. 

I am working on a list as I trim more of the different kinds. This week I will work on Marbled Purple Stripes. They took it hardest, having all the rain, so that'll be a toss up as to what will be available for purchase. I did save lots of bulbils this year, so hopefully that will fill out your desires for new strains, and keep the diversity alive and flowing across the landscape, growing in those beautiful home and market gardens.  All the best - Julie

There were a few that got harvested before the rain - the early varieties like Turbans and Asiatics.







No comments:

Post a Comment